My birthday was Monday. (Yep, Happy Birthday To Me!) Since then, I’ve been thinking about things I still haven’t done in my life.
13 Things I Gotta Do Before I Die
- Finish a Bachelors Degree.Now the cat is out of the bag! I have an Associates Degree. It’s been purely on my knowledge and experience that has gotten me this far. But that piece of paper would be nice! Besides, since my husband teaches at a university, I can go to school for free!
- Go to Disney World. I feel like the only one on Earth who hasn’t gone to Florida. Of course I’d take my kids. I might have to leave my husband behind, since he’s a big grump who’ll complain about how everything is too Disney. So?!?!?!
- Learn how to knit something. I have been known to crochet, but the knitting thing has me stumped.
- Go on a cruise. I’m a little bit stuffy when it comes to travel, so it would have to be a more expensive cruise with not too much riff-raff.
- Visit Yellowstone National Park. It just sounds really interesting.
- Write some children’s books. I have a couple of great ideas and I would like the time to develop them and get them illustrated and published.
- Finish my house in Creekistan. Hopefully it would get done before I die, but I wonder sometimes!
- Act in a movie or on stage. I did a little in high school, but I’d love to have the opportunity again. Any casting calls? Let my agent know!
- Go horseback riding again. This is something else I’ve done as a kid, but I haven’t done it in a long time. I would love to have “full reigns” of the horse—not one of those tourist trails where the horse just follows the leader and could do the trail in its sleep.
- Learn to make jewelry. I have some great ideas, but I would also just like to make my own.
- Create a piece of art that someone actually wants to buy. Or at least have it hanging in a gallery for a while. But first, I’d have to create it.
- Go swimming with dolphins. Sounds like quite a rush.
- Go back to Europe and see more. I want to spend more time at the Louvre, see Pompeii in Italy, visit some haunted places in London, tour Ann Franks house in Amsterdam, and all the other major museums.