13 Cool Things that I’ve Done in my Life
I guess every so often it’s a good thing to think back at all the cool and exciting things that you’ve done. Especially when you think you’re in a rut. This time of year is good for that.
- Giant road trip with my parents from my hometown in Nebraska to California when I was 11.
- Visited the Redwood Forrest in northern-California. The trees are tremendously big.
- Went to Disneyland when they still had E-Ticket rides.
- I got my parents in trouble for letting me into a casino and playing the slots in Las Vegas.
- I talked my parents into letting me visit a UFO museum on Fisherman’s Warf in San Francisco.
- Took another giant road trip with my parents from Nebraska to Connecticut when I was 12. (I guess I could say that in one year, we drove from coast to coast.)
- Traveled in an old Pullman sleeper car on a train across Nebraska, Wyoming, and into Denver.
- Slept on the floor of a Spanish-style Catholic church in New Mexico, complete with distant coyote song. We tried to learn the Rosary in Spanish.
- Toured a real nuclear sub in London, Connecticut. I used the periscope to find were our car was parked.
- Got married in a wedding chapel in Las Vegas—a double ceremony with my fiancé’s mother and her fiancé.
- Took an Amtrak train to New York to attend the Field Day Festival in 2003. It was cold and wet, Beck fell right before his set and couldn’t perform, the Beastie Boys were not very good, but Radiohead was absolutely awesome.
- Completely booked a trip via the Internet for a vacation to Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris. My husband spent his birthday in Amsterdam and I spent my 29th birthday in Paris. My goal was to go to Europe before I was 30.
- Bought 2 tickets to see Duran Duran’s reunion tour in 2005. Called up my childhood friend Sandi the Red in Denver to go with me, and she did! I cried when they first appeared on stage.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants