Call me sick. Call me morbid. Say that I’m laughing in the face of death. Ghoul Pool. I didn’t come up with the idea, but I thought it would be a lot of fun to start a Ghoul Pool in my office. We’re pretty small, so it would be easy to maintain. Plus it’s fun!
I don’t wish anyone to die. But it is an interesting thing to think about and try to predict the demise of famous people. It makes you wonder about what makes us mortal, what activities bring us closer to death, and reflect upon the fact that even famous (or infamous) people die.
Each contestant will enter a list of 12 celebrities and one Under 30 Bonus Pick, worth 25 extra points, for a total of 13 picks. Celebrity picks are those individuals that you guess will die between October 31, 2006 and October 30, 2007. Points are determined by subtracting your celeb's age (at death) by 100.
- All candidates must be sufficiently well-known that their deaths make national news. If you are unsure, check the website http://www.nndb.com/.
- Keep track of your picks, inform an Administrator if a death occurs!
- No editing of lists may take place once the game begins.
- No offing the candidates who appear on your list.
- No offing of the other participants of the Ghoul Pool.
- Condemned criminals are not allowed on the list.
- Make sure they are alive when you put them on your list.
- Death = cessation of life, a permanent, irreversible condition
Here are my Ghoulish Picks:
- Jerry Lewis - Actor, Telethon Guy
- Dick Clark - TV Personality
- Muhammad - Ali Boxer
- Gerald Ford - Former President
- Annette Funicello - Mouseketeer
- Eminem - Rapper
- Steven Hawkings - Big Brain
- Prince Charles - Royalty
- Ray Bradbury - Author
- Edward Furlong - Actor, Terminator 2
- Michael J. Fox - Actor
- Courtney Love - Musician(?)
- Bonus Under 30 Pick (25 extra points) : Mary-Kate Olsen - Actor