13 Things That Happened to Me in the Past Two Weeks
Yeah, I know: I didn’t post a Thursday Thirteen last week. I was out of town. Here’s what happened:
- I went to an outdoor wedding for a good friend. The weather was actually very nice. I was able to bring both kids and we all partied until we couldn’t party no more!
- I had a business trip to Denver for a tradeshow. The hotel we had made reservations with, the Grand Hyatt, didn’t have a double double room, so they put Aimee the Red and I on the “secure” top floor with a great view and a free lounge. Aimee slept on a roll-a-way bed until they moved our room, across the hall, to one with two double beds.
- We’re not 100% sure, but we think Kathy Lee Gifford was staying on the secure floor with us. She was in town to do a musical about the Red Hat Society.
- We were exhibitors at the tradeshow, so we had to stay around our booth for 6 hours, two days in a row. My feet have yet to recover!
- On one side of our booth were a couple of guys who we seemed to get along with. They challenged us to an early-morning game of basketball, which we accepted. So we got up at 5:30 am, walked in the cold to their hotel, and played basketball. We gave them a run for their money!
- On the other side of our booth was a company that included a couple young, handsome guys dressed as cowboys. Not bad to look at all day!
- A booth across from us offered free chair massages. During a slow time, I took advantage of the situation and MAN, did it feel good!
- As you may know from a previous blog entry, I danced at the bar at Coyote Ugly. I wasn’t drunk—I just wanted to say that I’d done it!
- I had made a request of the piano man at the hotel lobby, Moondance. I tipped him a little, and then every time he saw me, he’d play that tune again. So I had to keep tipping him!
- I got to have dinner with my old friend, Sandi the Red, who I grew up with and now lives in Denver. We had great Indian food and lots of talk!
- We rented a car and drove to Boulder. Boulder was awesome, especially Pearl Street. We met two brothers of a friend of Aimee the Red’s. The brothers, and their friends were all very cool.
- We agreed to watch one of our godsons for the weekend. My husband drove 2 hours to go pick him up. On the way back, our godson got carsick. He projectile vomited as soon as the tires hit our driveway. Why couldn’t he have waited a few seconds?
- Aimee the Red told me about a car accident she had when she was in high school. She slid on some fresh tar, hit a construction truck, and the car behind her hit her. She was cited, but contested and won! When talking to our good friend and neighbor, I found out that she was the one that hit Aimee the Red. Small world!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂs easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants