13 Things On, Under or Near My Desk At Work
- Cat #1 - Nelson. This usually happens in the morning: he'll wait for me to finish my cereal so that he can lick the bowl. When he is done, it's nap time!
- Cat #2 - Admiral. He's just taking a nap on my desk. Probably taking advantage of the rare occasion that there is a clean spot. Earlier, I had three cats, but Wingdat left. Working in an office with pets is the greatest!
- Dog #1 - Yep, that's right. I also have dogs under my desk. Retro, a golden retriever, usually sleeps on the vent under my desk. I'm glad, because I don't like the cold air blowing on me.
- Dog #2 - I'm not kidding. I have yet a fourth animal on, under, or near my desk. This dog, Bryce, hides under my desk. I only know he's there when he growls at an approaching cat. NOTE: To answer the question: Is it hard to work with animals on or under your desk? The answer is NO. I love it. It's sometimes hard to move my chair for fear of rolling over a dog. The cats are easily tossed if they get in the way!
- Small wooden carving of the Buddha. No, not the fat, happy Chinese guy that people call Buddha. An actual Buddhist Buddha that my husband brought back to me from Singapore a few years ago.
- Two Robots. A side-effect of the company I work for. Without giving away too much of my actual identity, I help sell robot kits to kids. I have a couple on my desk. One I decorated around Christmas to look like Rudolph.
- iPod #1 - My new video iPod. I bring it to work every day so that I can update my podcasts, download videos and TV shows, and charge. I love my video iPod. I don't think I could live without it now.
- iPod #2 - My old U2 iPod. It is broken and sad. Literally! When it started to break down, it showed an icon of a sick iPod. I'm trying to sell it for parts. $50 bucks and it's yours!
- Turd - I don't know what else to call it. It's a piece off of a sculpture a friend was making. It looks like an abstract, polished turd pile.
- Rattle - It's a square, ceramic, American-Indian rattle that is supposed to ward off evil spirits.
- Extra CPU - This computer is devoted to running a security camera for the front reception area. We can see real-time video of the front door over the network. Unfortunately, our programmer named this program "Gay Cam."
- Goddess KALI magnet - This is an Indian (India) magnet titled Goddess KALI trampling on her husband, Lord Shiva. She has several heads, arms and legs. Her husband seems to be enjoying it.
- Mannequin. He's still there. You can read more about him in my post, "Behind the Behind."
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants