13 Things I Did This Week.
- I finished weeding the garden that I have been neglecting. I found a huge zucchini, some beans, a jalapeno, and a cucumber. Now that the weeds are gone and I can see the garden, I hope to see more things grow.
- As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I got stung 10 times by yellow jackets. The stings only hurt for a few minutes, but itched really bad for a few days.
- I ratted on the yellow jackets, and now the nest is destroyed. I pointed to them, like in a bad courtroom television show, and said, “There they are!”
- I went to Louisville, KY for a tradeshow. Nothing exciting to report. The drive was nice!
- Finished listening to the book “Twisted” by Jonathan Kellerman. Took three weeks, but I finally did it. You always have to finish a murder-mystery book, just to see if my guess of who did it was right. I was right.
- Finally got “Lost,” Season 2 on my new video iPod. Awesome show.
- On a related item, I got the cables so that I can watch my video iPod on the TV.
- Saved a dog. A friend of mine was about ready to give up his dog because she showed aggressive behavior towards his son. I told him to give the dog another chance, and to get her fixed. She was in heat at the time. All females get grouchy when they are in heat! Besides, his son can annoy anyone!
- Tried the beer, Burnin' Helles, from Anheuser-Busch. http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/hometown_brews_050506.htm It’s only available on tap in Ohio. Great beer. Too bad they don’t plan on bottling it. Too bad that I only had one glass!
- Got Indian food for dinner one night. I used to live near 5 Indian restaurants and I miss it. It was really good. I don’t take it for granted any more.
- My son started first grade. I got all his school shopping done just a couple of days before. But I did it!
- I had to pick up the body and guts of a dead mouse that our new cat, Gracie, caught. While I was proud of her for getting a mouse after living with us for about a week, I didn’t like waking up to a dead mouse in my bedroom.
- I got tagged by Spawn of Satan , http://human-oddity.blogspot.com/ so now I have to write 5 weird things and tag 5 other people. Don’t be surprised if I tag you!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants