Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday 13 (Thirteen) for May 4, 2006


13 Songs I wish I never heard



  1. Muskrat Love - Captain and Tennille 

  2. Tubthumping  - Chumbawamba. I wish this song would get knocked down and NOT get up again!

  3. The Candy Man - Sammy Davis Jr.

  4. Up-Up and Away - The Fifth Dimension. In case you don’t know this song from the title, perhaps this will jog your memory: “Up-Up and Away in your beautiful balloon.”

  5. I’ve Never Been To Me – Charlene  “I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see”  Yeah, thanks for sharing . . . .NOT.

  6. PacMan Fever - Buckner & Garcia. “I got a pocket full of quarters, and I'm headed to the arcade.”

  7. Achy Breaky Heart  - Billy Ray Cyrus. Talk about Achy Breaky Ears.

  8. What’s New Pussycat – Tom Jones (or Sir Thomas Jones, thank you very much).

  9. Anything by Kenny G

  10. It’s a Small World – Disney. Talk about a song that gets stuck in your head. I think even Disney makes fun of this song!

  11. We Built This City  -  Starship  (or Jefferson Airplane, or whoever)

  12. Macarena - Los Del Rio. Stupid song and stupid dance. What a great way to make Americans look stupid!

  13. Metal Health - Quiet Riot. I don’t even want to go there—the bad, big hair days of the early 80’s. I guess I hate it because my first real boyfriend got grounded for sneaking out of the house and going to a Quiet Riot concert. It put a damper on our dating for a while.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


16 comments:

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

haha - We Built This City...that brings back so many memories. This list is funny - Tom Jones and Pusscat is pretty bad ;)

My T13 is up if you have a chance to stopy by.

LibertyBelle said...

LOL - too funny!
the small world song is a ball-mind buster and it justs goes on and on. Makes me nauseous half way through the ride, which is why I never go on that ride ever!
My TT is up!

Lisa said...

Great list, too funny. And yes, we did make fun of Its a Small World at Dinseyland (I actually used to work there!)

My 13 is up!!!

Unknown said...

I agree on some. LOL Some of those get on yer nerves FAST.

My TT is up.

Anonymous said...

I have ALWAYS hated that starship song. always.

Anonymous said...

Muskrat Love! I can't agree more! Very interesting list!
My TT are up.

Kelly said...

The Candy Man - YES! Thank you.
Achy Breaky Heart- Mullett madness at its finest. I cannot believe America was subjected to that nonsense.
What's New Pussycat- Steve Martin, anyone?
Kenny G- Yick. I agree.
We Built This City- HAHAHAHAHHAHAH! LOL at that one!

GREAT LIST!!!!

Susan said...

This list is TOOOOO funny!!! I must think of all the songs that I wish I didn't know...some of these would make it to my list as well. My TT is up!!

Anonymous said...

What's new pussycat still gets stuck in my head. I use it for when I'm at a loss to figure something out. I actually liked achy breaky heart. I want to barf when I hear Jeremiah is a bullfrog and some other songs they play at weddings that DJs think are cool but they're not!

Norma said...

I'll let you know if this is a good list if I can't get Small world out of my mind! Isn't that the most annoying song!

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with you on these! LOL

Natalie said...

That dumb Jefferson Starship building their city is in my head now. Darn it! :)

I enjoyed reading your list.. and agreed.. and heard the songs as I read thru them... and NO! I'm not crazy!

Undercover Angel said...

I hate all of those songs too. The one I hate the most is Muskrat Love. My TT is up.

Carolyn F said...

I like some of those... my TT is up and it's about music as well!

ms blue said...

Yes, "I've Never Been To Me" has always made me cringe.

That was fantastic!

lisa said...

Haha... now that I think about it, I wish I'd never heard most of those songs too!

Great list :)