Monday, May 08, 2006

The Creekistan-Side Story

I woke up with a dead mouse in my sink.

I was making coffee first thing and looked down . . . Hello! There was water in the sink because I was soaking a dirty dish. I could hardly eat all day. Needless to say, the dish and the sink got a good scrubbing.

Earlier that night, Nicky, our sometimes-indoor cat, ate another mouse. I come into the living room to see him finishing it up—-just the tail and some entrails left. It made a crunching sound. I made a gagging sound and left the room.

My story is that the mice were lovers and when one got killed, the other committed suicide.

Somewhere, a tiny Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim are composing a high-pitched, Alvin and the Chipmonks-style musical:

There's a [mousehole] for us,
A [cheese] and [crum] for us.
Hold my [tail] and we're halfway there.
Hold my [tail] and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Some day,
Somewhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New sleek look. Same high quality posts.

Leslie said...

I like the new look too!
I like your story about the lover and the suicide.
I thought 9 lady beetles in my sink water was bad. I feel better now. Sorry.