Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #57


13 Things That I've Found Interesting Lately

  1. Moths attacked my sparkler on the 4th of July.


  2. When I have the track lights on near my kitchen window, hundreds of moths and other light-seeking insects gather there. Some are so big that they make a "thump" when they hit, making it unnerving when I'm alone.


  3. Hundreds of millipedes are crawling around my front porch. It reminds me of the scene in "Raiders of the Lost Arc" when all the snakes are crawling on the floor of an ancient tomb, only in miniature.


  4. I have a toad that lives on my front porch. I suppose he likes to eat the moths and hopefully the millipedes that accumulate there.


  5. Spiders are really bad right now. I have one in my bathroom that actually made a web across the sink. When I went to wash my hands, I broke through the web. Then she made a web across my hair products, making it look like I haven't touched them in years.


  6. A gigantic spider visited us and scared us. He must have come down from the ceiling through the space that will eventually get covered with crown molding. It was a wolf spider about the size of my hand. I tried to vacuum it up, but it wasn't going to go easily. So I left it alone and we left the room for a while. Hopefully it went back to it's dark space and is hunting bugs. With it's size, I'm sure it has to eat lots of bugs and perhaps a small mammal.


  7. A Super Wal*Mart opened up nearby, replacing the regular Wal*Mart. Now people around here can shop for fishing bait and spaghetti all at the same place.


  8. Thankfully, the Kroger around here, in competition with the new Super Wal*Mart, is undergoing an upgrade. They now have the areas first Starbucks, a sushi counter, and a pizza parlor. While all the "riff-raff" are shopping elsewhere, those of us who appreciate good things will shop at the Kroger.


  9. For the 4th, I gave glow sticks to the kids to play with. We used many of them to attach to the dog and to play glow fetch with him in the dark. It is funny to see glowing bars running around the forest.


  10. My husband has been running a fever and experiencing night sweats for the past week. During that time, I'm forced to sleep in my son's bed. I've been having strange dreams and actually sleeping better then if my husband had been using me as the human pillow.


  11. I'm getting ready to submit a few pieces of art/photography to the county fair. I'm entering a Christmas apron, a Halloween centerpiece, and a photo of my friend's 1949 Ford tractor. Wish me luck!


  12. I'm potty-training my 2 1/2 year old daughter. I found a potty that lets me record a message after the flush sound. Just think of the possibilities!


  13. Grape Cool-Aid makes poop green. I don't understand this phenonamon, but it makes for dirty diapers/training pants.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moths attacked your sparkler? Not very smart moths...

We had a giant wasp fly into the car and try to make a home yesterday. Definitely startled me.

Happy TT!

The Rock Chick said...

Sounds like there might be quite a few creepy crawly, flying visitors in your area in the summertime!!!

We just got a Super Walmart. I was excited initially, but, it's not as good as I expected it to be.

I've experience the grape kool-aid phenomenon with my kids, too :)

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Scribbit said...

Loved the way you shifted from insects to Walmart :)

In my book millipedes are worse than snakes. ANd that scene in The Temple of Doom? Yuckiest EVER.

Janet said...

OUCH to the moths and the sparkler

GROSS to the wolf spider...omg *shivers*

liked the one about the frog!

Good luck with your photos!

I so could've lived without reading #13 LOL!