Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #59


13 Random Things


  1. The Goodwill store in town has a sign outside that says "New Dickie Scrubs." Glad I'm not a guy--Ouch!

  2. Some jerk must have dumped their unwanted puppies near our property, because on Friday, our dog cornered one. On Saturday, our neighbor found one on their porch, and a third got cornered by my dog on Sunday night. I took the first, a beautiful and friendly lab/rotreiller/husky mix with two piercing blue eyes, to our pathetic pound. Our neighbors, so far, are keeping the second. It's a beautiful girl similar to the first with one blue and one brown eye. The third was another beautiful girl with mismatched eyes but was almost entirely black. I took her on Monday to the pound. I wish we could have kept one.

  3. I went to a Deathly Hallows party at Borders on Friday with my kids and a friend's family. We had to drive 3 hours to get there.

  4. My son dressed as Harry Potter. My daughter (only 2 1/2) dressed like a nice young witch/princess.

  5. I dyed my hair red for the occasion. It really was red--like red wine. It should go away in a week or so. I wore a great floor-length black duster. I was supposed to be a witch/auror, but a lot of people thought I was Tonks.

  6. My friends' kids dressed as 1) Sirius Black's mother--complete with picture frame, dark curtains, and screaming "Filthy blood traiters"; 2) a blue Cornish Pixie--it takes a real man to dress in blue tights and wings; and 3) Draco Malfoy--with rubber snake and constantly dueling with my son, Harry.

  7. My husband finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on Sunday night. I was out of town and couldn't give him the book until Saturday night.

  8. I finished reading it Wednesday morning at 2:12 AM. Now we can discuss it, as long as the kids are out of the room. Don't want to spoil it for them!

  9. I now have satellite broadband. We got the best installer on the planet, who found the only place that we could get a good view of the Southern sky. Now we're about to get youtube and update our software. I feel like we're finally in the 21st century.

  10. Somehow my right eye has a blocked duct and has nearly swollen shut. So I did most my reading with one eye. I saw an eye doctor to get it fixed and took the book with me. Seems everyone is reading it and the only question they ask is "how far along are you?" No one wants to give anything away.

  11. I only cried three times while reading it, but I can't tell you what touched me without spoiling anything.
  12. My son saved enough money to buy a Nintendo Wii, and when we saw that Wal*Mart actually had one, we snatched it up. My husband actually likes it, especially the golf.

  13. My husband has gone more than one week without smoking! Now if we could get him to give up yelling and being irritable, we'll be really happy!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your eye. We just recently bought a Wii and its a ton of fun. We had neighbor kids camped out at our house using it all weekend.

Please visit my TT this week. Its 13 of many awesome prizes you could win in a contest that benefits a very special little boy named Parker.

Happy TT!

Angel The Alien said...

I hate people who dump animals off in the street or the woods or wherever. Its like, they don't even have the courage to take them to the pound themselves? They just ditch them to fend for themselves? Cruel!

The Rock Chick said...

I tried and tried to read the Harry Potters but just couldn't get into them. It was a madhouse the other night at the bookstore near here. Looked like fun, though!!

Secretly, I love the Wii, too and I'm not a gamer at all! It's so much fun!

Hope your eye gets better soon!

I have a special TT today about everything happening on my blog on Saturday for Blogathon 2007! Hope you'll stop by!

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Anonymous said...

I hate that people dump their animals. If you can't take care of them at least have the decency to take them to the pound. :( I hope your eye feels better soon!

Janet said...

You can talk to me about it, I'm done!

Hope your eye is better!

Mercy's Maid said...

My TT this week is 13 Great HP Characters.

I enjoyed your 13. I never just lost is during the book, but my eyes got a little misty in several places. I feel like I'm in a period of mourning.

OH, and from the way you were describing your costume, my first thought was Tonks too. :)

J. Lynne said...

it takes a real man to dress in blue tights and wings

ROFLMAO

How true.

Happy TT!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'm with j. lynne - I love that Blue Cornish Pixie guy!