Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - March 23rd


Thirteen Things That Happened to Me This Week


  1. I got my doorknob for the front door!

  2. It snowed and we had a snow day at home--the entire family was home.

  3. I visited the city and did a lot of shopping. Great therapy, but it's good to be back in the quiet country.

  4. I got a Vendi Cafe Moca at Starbucks. A rare treat.

  5. I ran over a cat. I felt terrible, but there was nothing I could do. It literally ran under my car. I'll have to burn some incense in it's memory. In the country, that kind of thing happens a lot.

  6. I killed a mouse. But I didn't feel so sad about it. I gave it a chance to go away--I let it out the back door. But it came back. The cat was in the process of killing it, but I finished the job. So, in a way, it was a mercy killing. I'll burn incense for it too.

  7. I cleaned out my trunk. Now, I'll have to clean out the wheel-barrow that I put all my stuff into.

  8. I signed up to take a class over the Internet. It's in a subject I know very little about, so wish me luck!

  9. I cut some beautiful Daffodils so that we could enjoy them. Again, it was a mercy killing because three days later we had a hard freeze and some snow.

  10. I convinced my husband that we need to get a puppy soon! I better get one before he changes his mind.

  11. I got to watch South Park for the first time in a long, long time. I sure missed Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, especially since Chef took is Scientology balls and left the show.

  12. I heard from a long lost friend. Hi Sharon!

  13. I took my children to an indoor marching Percussion contest. I think both kids want to be drummers now!



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)
1. Kidzoo


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Undercover Angel said...

Sounds like you've had a busy week.! My TT is up!

Norma said...

So sad about the kitty. I did that about 30 years and thought I'd never get over it. Glad you've got the door knob.

My TT is up.

Jess Riley said...

I laughed out loud at #11. Oh, Chef. Who knew?

(I cleaned out the trunk of my car recently and everything is still in a wrinkled old Fleet Farm bag in the back shed.)

Kimmy said...

It snowed here too. The first and second day of Spring! I love snow!

My 13 are up!