Thursday, January 24, 2008
Thursday Thirteen #77
13 Reasons Why My Thursday Thirteen Is Late
1. Wednesday was my daughter's third birthday. We partied all day and the kids were still wound up in the evening.
2. I let my son stay up a little later Wednesday night because we were doing his "French for Kids" lessons--listening to a CD and doing worksheets. We can count to 10 in French now!
3. Wednesday night I went to bed with the kids and fell asleep. Therefore I was not able (or willing) to get up in the middle of the night and do my Thursday Thirteen. A lot of my TT writings are done around 3 am.
4. When I did wake up in the middle of the night, I was too cold. All I could do was change into my warm pajamas and get back under the warm covers.
5. With Monday being a holiday, I forgot that Thursday was Thursday.
6. My husband was scheduled for minor surgery Thursday morning. I was getting prepared for a rushed morning.
7. Thursday morning was rushed and very snowy. We decided, after starting down the road, to drop my son and daughter at the sitters and forget about school. I thought it would be cancelled anyway because of the snow.
8. I had to ship out some eBay stuff and had to stop at the post office before going to the surgery.
9. We got to the Same-Day Surgery center at 10 am--just as we were supposed to, even though the roads were snowy.
10. The doctor was running late. We had to wait until after 2 for his surgery. (FYI: He's fine, it was a routine procedure--but you know how sometimes men can be big babies!)
11. During the 4+ hour wait, I managed to crochet a small hat.
12. The drug store's computer was down, so I had to wait for my husband's medications.
13. I didn't get home to my computer until about 7 pm Thursday night. So here I am! Finally!