This is one of the topics that I’ve been wanting to do for a while . So I’m sorry if it seems a little bitchy. Really, I apologize! Oh wait, I’m not supposed to apologize. Sorry!
- I will not go to any Tupperware-type parties. Especially when the purpose is less in trying to sell you a product and more in trying to sell you a distributorship into their pyramid scheme. Or at the very least, they pressure the attendees to have their own party. But, if you leave me a catalog, I just might buy a product!
- Yes, my car is a mess. I can’t seem to spend as much time in my car as I do and be able to keep it clean. Especially with two kids who drag in toys, etc. On the flip side, if you need anything, it just may be in my car! Besides, with a 40 minute trip from/to home one-way, I don’t want to forget anything.
- Oh, and yes, I have a car and not an SUV or mini-van. So it may be a little cramped. I don’t normally take extra passengers. But it saves on gas, and that’s good for my pocketbook and, in the long-run, good for the world.
- Sometimes I put off housework in order to pay attention to my family. Since I work full time, my evenings with the children are precious. I don’t really care to spend it doing dishes. I’ll try to do it after they go to bed, but then my husband likes to take over!
- I like good beer, not American beer. That means I drink the dark stuff. Give me a Becks Dark or a Warsteiner Dunkel! But given the choice between a Budweiser and water, I may choose water.
- Jello is a dessert and not a salad. It should never be used as a salad, and I won’t eat it if it is.
- Coffee is best when it’s strong. I make strong coffee. If you don’t like your coffee strong, add water to it.
- I don’t send out Christmas cards. I send out cards that wish people Happy Holidays. That is because I don’t like it when people assume that everyone believes in the same thing that they do. I’m always trying to remind people that not everyone celebrates Christmas.
- I don’t really like professional sports, and I think it’s a waste of time. I don’t follow what’s going on in the sports world. I’ll watch the Superbowl for the commercials and I’ll cheer for the team with the best colors or mascot if I have to. Leave the playing of games to kids and stop taking it so seriously!
- When going to the symphony or opera, I don’t get completely formally dressed. I mean, I won’t look like I’m going to the prom. If you go often enough, you’ll notice that the people who really enjoy classical music are there for the music and not just to be seen.
- I will not say Grace or pray out loud. I don’t like the pressure.
- We can't get any TV stations and we don’t have cable or satellite. If you come to our house, we won’t sit around and watch it. We can only watch DVDs.
- I don’t answer the phone every time it rings. I stopped killing myself to get to the phone a long time ago—about the same time that we got voice mail and caller ID. People forget that answering the phone is not mandatory.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants