Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One Year Down. The rest of my life to go!


We’ve hit the One Year mark. On July 8th, we closed on the Creekistan home and property. I remember, because it was the day after the 7/7 London Train bombings. Not a good way to remember the anniversary, but effective nonetheless.

The day also makes one year ago that I was offered my current job. Yep, I got a new home and a new job on the same day. I guess it was meant to be.

I remember, on the two-hour drive home after signing the papers and reading the e-mail that gave me the perfect job offer, that I was anxious and excited. I’ll have to get ready to move. I’ll have to get my son signed up for Kindergarten. I’ll have to find daycare. I’ll have to resign from my current job. We’ll have to figure out where to live until we can get the house habitable. But I’ll be leaving the city and starting a new life in the beautiful country.

This past year had speed by. But this blog has helped chronicle the time, and for that I am grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If that is your back yard I will be coming for a visit soon!

Sandi