Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen (13) for April 13!

13 things that made my brain hurt recently

  1. Remembering the movie from 1984: The Last Starfighter – About a guy who spends too much time playing a video game and gets recruited by an alien to help fight their war. He actually gets to live his video game fantasy.

  2. Trying to remember all the words in “On Top of Spaghetti”.
  3. Seeing Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. I get a little tear in my eye just about every time he sings his final song.
  4. I realized how much I actually like Barry Manilow.
  5. Why do parents speed through the school parking lot to drop off/pick up their kids? Do they just not care about other kids?
  6. Aerogel – That substance that was recently in the news for helping capture particles from a comet and return them to earth. I recently got to see the stuff and it’s like nearly-transparent Styrofoam. It’s 99.8% air but still considered a solid.
  7. Trying to remember all the characters from The Jeffersons. Mr. Jefferson has been a black neighbor of Archie Bunker in All In The Family. The show was a spinnoff that turned out to be very successful in its own right. I freaked my husband out when I remembered that Mr. Jefferson was in the dry cleaning business.
  8. My 5-year-old sometimes sings songs I didn’t know he would remember. I realize that I occasionally play Nirvana and The White Strips in the car, but I just didn’t expect to hear him singing “Lithium” or “Seven Nation Army” when he is playing Legos.
  9. Assassinations of hip-hop singers. Is it the lifestyle that makes them sing about violence, or is it the violence that makes them sing? Why sing about how things are but then perpetuate it at the same time?
  10. Why hasn’t President Bush been impeached? I mean, he exaggerated facts about weapons of mass destruction in order to justify going to war, performed illegal wiretapping on US citizens, and he authorized leaking the name of CIA operative in order to get back at someone who didn’t support him. Didn’t our last president get impeached for something a lot less worse that didn’t actually get thousands of people killed?
  11. Arnold Schwarzenegger is governor of California. It still blows my mind!
  12. How much you can love your children, especially in the spring when everything is just so beautiful.
  13. Whatever happened to colored toilet paper? It’s all white now. When and why did this happen?




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


1 comment:

LibertyBelle said...

You have a wonderful way with words!
Love your random but very personal TT. I also discovered that I like Barry Manilov - but if you really want to love him - try listening to his Paradise Cafe. One of the best albums ever!
Thanks for dropping by my TT.
Happy Spring