Thursday, February 22, 2007

You got your Salmonella In my peanut butter!


No, got your peanut butter in my salmonella!


My husband, in his infinite wisdom, buys peanut butter just about every time he goes to the store. He says that it’s a good thing to have around, in case of emergencies. So, we currently have several jars in our pantry.

As you probably know, there was a recall on some brands of peanut butter for fear of a salmonella contamination. The FDA issued the warning that people should not eat Peter Pan and Great Value (Wal*Mart brand) peanut butter if they have a product code beginning with number '2111' on the jar's lid or label.

One of my jars may be contaminated. The rest are okay. If we would have eaten the bad jar, it defiantly would have been an emergency - Emergency room visit!

But look on the bright side, I could have lost a lot of weight AND eaten peanut butter too!

3 comments:

Jay said...

I admire your ability to look on the bright side...but really, I think you might just be better off having averted the crisis.

Anonymous said...

for those of you who didn,t get sick thank god!!!!!I personally was affected by eating p/b in october went to the ER.they gave me antibiotics I went home ate more p/b and so there we go it finally stopped after 4 trips to doctor upper /lower colonoscopy pain meds countless rolls of t/p just be glad you don,t ever get this

Christmas Decorators Valencia said...

Great reading your bblog post