13 Things I Like About Myself
- I have an eclectic sense of humor.
- I’m pretty easy going. Not too much stresses me. I usually have the attitude that as long as no one is dieing or will die, it’s probably okay. For example, being late to a party isn’t a matter of life-or-death.
- I love kids and kids love me. Perhaps it’s because I haven’t forgotten what it’s like. My daughter’s daycare class all huddle around me when I arrive because they want to see my “bubble”—a small level I have on my keychain. I spend at least 5 minutes every morning showing it to them. Plus, my 10-year-old goddaughter wants to have me at all her sleepovers—her friends said that Aunt Amy is really cool!
- Whenever I ask someone to guess my age, they usually say 27. I’m not 27 anymore!
- I’m a tomboy—I don’t fit the traditional “girl” mold. I like sci-fi and computers. I like to put Lego kits together and can fix things.
- Although I’m overweight, I don’t let it stop me from buying sexy lingerie. But it is harder to find.
- I love to introduce people to new things—to get them out of their “sphere of comfort.” I usually insist people try Indian food at least once. I also tell people that Sushi doesn’t mean “raw fish,” and although a lot of sushi has fish, there are vegetarian options as well.
- I can play many musical instruments, but not at a professional level. I can usually figure out a new instrument within a few minutes.
- I enjoy diversity and am sensitive to other people’s believes and traditions. I will hang out with anyone.
- I love animals and appreciate what they bring to our lives. I swear that sometimes they communicate with me. Okay, call me crazy, but who do the work dogs come to when they want to go out? Me!
- I am not easily offended—which makes it really nice when I’m in mixed company. I can enjoy all the jokes—even the dirty ones!
- I love to learn new things. It never hurts to know things.
- I like to break routines and try new things. I don’t go the same way home everyday, and I don’t eat the same things all the time.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants