Friday, July 21, 2006

Yet Another Reason I Left The City

I just checked the news in the city I lived in just a year ago. Directly across the street from my old apartment there was a mysterious double homicide. They were found in their apartment, shot dead.

When I lived there, that apartment building was always suspect. The people who lived there usually seemed iffy. We used to sit on our front porch and talk with our upstairs neighbor. We'd watch the activity across the street and make up stories about what they were doing. Mostly they were dealing drugs, having affairs, and getting really drunk.

But to hear about something like a double homicide, makes me feel a lot better about our move to Creekistan. The most tragic thing that's happened in Creekistan is that a dog died after being bitten by a copperhead snake.

No place is 100% safe. But it's nice to know that my children will be safer where we are.

1 comment:

Frances D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.