Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #61

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

13 Videos That My Kids Watch Over and Over

  1. Popeye - The old old old black and white cartoons. They can't get enough for some reason. Luckily, they are cheep and available at Evil Wal*Mart.


  2. Austin Powers - Okay, maybe not quite appropriate for kids their age, but they love him. Perhaps because it is rather immature humor. My daughter (2 1/2) loves the music and the costumes. She's been known to strike a pose and say "Give me back my Mojo!"


  3. Batman - They love the campy Batman movies. I can hardly stand to listen to them with the bad one-liners and terribly villains.


  4. Harry Potter - They love the movies, but know that the books are much, much better. Sometimes we discuss the differences between the movie and book. But we still enjoy the movies for their special effects.


  5. Thomas and the Magic Railroad - When my son was younger, he loved Thomas the Tank Engine. We had all the Brio railroad stuff and some other extras like blankets, etc. But we watched the stupid movie that was loosely based on the TV series. I thought I "lost" the movie when me moved to Creekistan, but I recently found it. Now it's back in circulation.


  6. Alf - You know, the 1980's sitcom about the alien living with a suburban family. We have the entire series on VHS that someone taped when the shows actually appeared on the network, complete with the old commercials. It's a walk down memory lane. I play a game with my son where he has to guess the premise of the show before the first commercial break.


  7. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Actually, they love just about any Tim Burton movie. I don't mind, because I also love Danny Elfman, the guy who does most of the music.


  8. The Tick - This is a Saturday morning cartoon series from the early '90s. So stupid it's funny, and yet so smart, it's stupid. Let's hear the battle cry, "Spoon!"


  9. Dr. Doolittle - More precisely, Dr. Doolittle 2 with Eddie Murphy. We don't have #1 and I don't know if we've ever seen it. But we got the VHS cheep and they love it. We also have the original movie made ages ago and they like that one too, but it's terribly long.


  10. The Incredibles - Even me and my husband love watching this video. Very clever premise and great animation. We especially love those scenes with Edna Mode. We're always repeating her: "No Capes!"


  11. Star Wars - Any of them and even the cartoons The Clone Wars.


  12. The Lord of the Rings - Yep, another series of movies that may be too old for them, but they seem to understand most of it anyway.


  13. Star Blazers - An old Anime video dubbed into English in the late '70s and early '80s.


5 comments:

Robin said...

Harry Potter and the Star Wars movies are perennial favorites around here too. And personally I love the old Batman show from the 70's - the tv show, not the movies, but it's never on here in Israel.

The Rock Chick said...

I remember the days when I would close my eyes and still be able to see Barney and Blues Clues playing on the inside of my eyelids....fortunately, my kids outgrew them, but they still have been known to watch a movie or two over and over again.

I shouldn't really say anything considering I've seen ET oh, maybe 50 times! LOL

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Chelle Y. said...

There was a time when my son only wanted to watch Shark Boy and Lava Girl. I so wanted to "accidentally" lose that DVD. :)

www.chelleyoung.com

Janet said...

Wow, your kids have some amazing mature tastes!

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

..be thankful... I saw #1 and thought, "Oh no! Robin Williams' bad musical!"... which, to be honest, I think I'm the only person who enjoyed it.