Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen Edition # 43


13 Things That Has Happened In the Past Two Weeks





  1. My son has had school called off several days in the past two weeks.




  2. My son would have missed a couple of days anyway, since he got Strep.




  3. I couldn’t participate in last week’s Thursday Thirteen because I took last Thursday off of work to be with my sick son.




  4. I got sick too. It was the kind of sick that anything other then staying warm in bed was dreadful.




  5. But I did make a great roasted garlic and sun dried tomato hummus.




  6. We watched The Legend of Ricky Bobby. A funny movie.




  7. We also watched An Inconvenient Truth. Very interesting.




  8. Right after watching An Inconvenient Truth and all the information about global warming, we just had to watch Ice Age: The Meltdown. Kind of brings everything together.




  9. There was snow a few days. I joke that a lot of people around here call it “White Death From Above.”




  10. Snow doesn’t phase me, but I won’t take unnecessary risks, either. So I left early from work to drive in the 3-4 inches of snow that had fallen. I was glad that I did.




  11. We did decide to drive home on the forest route instead of the safer, straighter long route. Either way, there was a lot of snow on the road and we would have to climb up our small mountain to get to the house.




  12. I didn’t have any troubles. But our neighbor asked why we didn’t stop and instead just waved as we drove by. They were joking—they knew we didn’t want to lose momentum.




  13. My son can come to work with me on days that he has off. He and another employee’s boy get along great and play video games in the back room all day. What a perk!





  14. Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




6 comments:

eccentricego said...

Hello person above me on the Thursday 13!

Being sick is never fun, and the horrors of strep. I think I'd rather vomit than deal with it.

Dane Bramage said...

May you always live in interesting times. Or maybe it should be "interesting climes". The kids were home two days this week. I was home on one and it was enough.

You were above me in the meet and greet T13 list so HI!

My Thursday Thirteen #29 is up. This edition has 13 Search Engine Results that led to my blog. Stop by if you get a chance.

Becky said...

Strep is never fun. And with kids, it's worse. Glad you're feeling better.

Chickadee said...

Strep sucks. I worked in a pediatric clinic and I got strep TWICE in a month...I was miserable. Glad you're feeling better.

My 13 are up.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, sorry you were sick; I thought I'd just forgotten to come by last week!

LOVE that you can bring your son to work when he's off (my kids were off, too). And that your neighbors get momentum; one of mine once yelled at me for not stopping to visit on my way home from a very strenuous walk. I said to her later, "If I'd have stopped, I'd have been there for the next two days."

I don't think she got it even then.

happy TT! Hope everyone stays healthy!

Anonymous said...

Would love to get your hummus recipe-thanks!