Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Knee Deep in the Hoopla

Last week's Thursday 13 featured songs that I hate. Well, right now, I'm listening to the stupid song "We Built This City." My first reaction was to immediately change the internet radio station I listen to.

But this is a usually a good station. The song before that made my heart leap--it was an old favorite that I almost forgot about: Depeche Mode - "Everything Counts" .

One thing that I remember about the Starship song that I hate is that there is a section that features a DJ speaking about the radio station. Many radio stations took this opportunity to change that section and include their own station identification and tagline.

I guess that is why the radio stations played the song: they made it sound like thier own promotion.

Still, the song sucks.

No comments: